Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
I didn't really have much time to make many changes to it. The person who needed it sorta wanted to use it right away. I've attached the final version though.

The backstory and the reason for its shape I have no clue about. I have a friend who runs a 4e campaign using maptool and he occasionally asks for maps. Me often being bored and liking any practice I can get, I just ask for the details of what he wants and then try to make it.
He asked for a 8x12 cave inhabitated by an ogre, with a firepit, straw bed and box. And a jar of red spice. The cave was in the side of a hill. I tried to make the straight edges look a little more random, and I did the rocky edges of the cave just to try it out.

The straw was just done on a seperate layer. Well two. I just used yellow lines drawn randomly, and they were stroked with brown using a style layer. I did two layers of it to make it look piled.
The rocks were just grey lumps with a stroke style layer and an outer glow (well, more like an outer shadow). Then I just used a low opacity brush to draw in the highlights and shadows.

Basically, I'm trying to introduce more hand drawn elements into these kinda maps.

That is a really good idea, I think I'll try playing with that for next time.
How did you layout the stone work along the edge of the cave wall... also, how did you create the stone work... and one more question, how did you create the grid? I guess this was photoshop?