Thread: The Land of Ire and Ice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gandwarf: Yeah, Tear's work on his Westeros map left me dazzled and I'm trying to make something to that standard. Not really getting there yet, but I try.
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Wip

Seriously guys, I'd really appreciate any crits, ideas, and suggestions.

In this update I've not done much to the landscape. I've added more labels including (future) forests, mountains, and glaciers, many of them requiring translation still --- names with double exclamation marks need work, as do all the Oileann-prefixed islands in the inner sea because they're getting a bit too similar like that. So far translating actually soaks up more time than the graphics work does.

I also added symbols for fortresses or castles, and would love to know what you think of them.

I'm still debating whether to alter the rivers. Right now I am leaning towards changing them so they start in mountains that actually exist on this map rather than mountains that were removed when I cut the Ireland-sized hole.

And while researching names I found out that Iceland is actually known as 'The Land Of Fire And Ice' (I think I heard the name before, but completely forgot), so the title of this map will of course become 'The Land Of Ire And Ice' rather than '...Ice And Ire'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 007 - Land of Ire and Ice_e.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	529.6 KB 
ID:	16333  
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.