So, the other Community Leaders made the mistake of letting me have this month's lite challenge. My greedy little fingers are in fact all over it. This month's theme is "GOLD". The yellow, glittering stuff we all so very much want to get our paws at. The challenge is to draw a map heavily influenced by the "GOLD" theme. Any map can be entered. For your inspiration, some of the possibilities:
- Regional map depicting GOLD mines in a region.
- Treasure map to the famous city of GOLD.
- Map to a sunken ship filled with GOLD.
- Pirate map leading to chests of GOLD.
- Map of a town which is famous for mining GOLD.
- Map of a temple filled with GOLDEN statues.
- Map of a structure containing GOLD (bank, merchant, etc).
- Map of a GOLD mine.
- Map of a dungeon with a large treasure chamber filled with GOLD.
Your map must include:
- Anything goes. As long there's a strong and physical link with GOLD. The more shiny stuff we see, the better. So don't create a pirate map, mark the chest filled with GOLD with an X and leave it at that. No, depict the treasure as well. Or put some GOLD coins on the maps as props. Work it into your border. Your map should be dripping GOLD and still look elegant!
Special rule: maps may not feature Spandau Ballet. Although it's probably a good idea to just put the song on repeat, while you work on your map! Click here and put it on repeat!
Please title your entry with the name of your map. Eg: Aug/Sep Lite Entry - Sunken Temple of the GOLDEN Gods
The contest will end on or about 20th September. We would like a large turnout, so join in on the fun!
We will now resume regular broadcasting.