I'm a long-time mapper, who just joined this forum after rediscovering it a few days ago.

Since my childhood I've been intrigued by cartography, and have been making both fantasy and historical maps for a long time, from my first low quality maps made with an HB pencil and some paper made during class, to today, doing it in my spare time on a computer.

I usually stick to two fantasy worlds at a time and they become my focus for cartography. The world is created either for a game, a story, or just for the fun of world building (one of the best activities ).

For the last year its been mainly my world of Eir, which I have posted maps of in my deviant art site. But as always I have another I've been working on.

I'm untrained in Photoshop, using it mainly to fix photos and images for school projects or creating a desktop background - I learned how to use PS7 through trial and error, and a couple tutorials. So my work isn't of the greatest quality... I don't know all it has to offer yet.

But I am trying to learn new things and improve my skills, and this seems a good place to do exactly that.

Whew... done typing.

So, hello everyone!