Thread: My Old Hand Drawn/Digital Region Maps

Guild Novice

Post My Old Hand Drawn/Digital Region Maps

Since people seemed to like the hand painted battlemap I posted a few days ago. I thought I would post some older region maps that I made way back when.

These are mostly hand drawn and colored bat have a little bit of tweaking digitally. The somewhat pedestrian text being the main thing.

The region map below was done with markers and then tweaked up in saturation in the scan. Kind of acid colors but it was neat when I did it.

Nice maps you have there One thing bothers me on the first map.. the gradient glow on the city district names. Otherwise it's pretty good for a hand drawn map

Love them.

Particularly the top one. I'm a big fan of plain old pen-and-paper mapping.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jykke View Post
    Nice maps you have there One thing bothers me on the first map.. the gradient glow on the city district names. Otherwise it's pretty good for a hand drawn map
    Ya it's pretty clunky with the way I resolved the text. It probably would probably look better if there was a cripser white space break instead of a hazy edge. And finding a better font.

It's a bit tricky to label because the text goes over some of the buildings anyway. :S I don't know how a semi-transparent text would have worked on this case. But nice maps anyway, like I said earlier