Thread: WIP Unnamed Place_001

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Finis, this is a big map. Really, really big. The thin fonts you are using seem inadequate. I think you'd find a larger, blockier font would "fit" in the world better. You can make them translucent to keep them from feeling like they are obscuring things.

Not saying this is good, just suggesting the concept. You could easily make it work for you by carefully selecting the font.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krizenisles original.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	16431Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krizenisles modified.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	436.2 KB 
ID:	16432

I get what you are saying and I think you're right. The major problem (and it's a small problem really, just the only problem) is that since moving to my new computer... my font library is... lacking...

That is my humble excuse. But you're are right really. I'll see if I can't find a better font.

On a side note. While I was writing up the history of this place, i found myself needing to know where these people came from (as the humans are not native to the island) so I drew up this quick sketch in photoshop.

The problem is when I did so I realized how... sqaure my original landmasses were in formation and so it looks... awkward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theoldcountry.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	667.5 KB 
ID:	16433  

Blog Entries

I think they are fine.

Update, font change to something I think works much better.

http://www.shadowlandbbs.net/images/krizenisles-wip.jpg

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks like my beloved Fortunaschwein...an art nouveau font with just a touch of old world appeal. I, for one, love it
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

right in one haha!

The Finished political map.

http://www.shadowlandbbs.net/d20/maps/krizenisles.jpg

Thanks for the pointers and encouragement along the way. The next step is to tackle some close ups of a couple of the larger cities the campaign will center around, and somehow find the time to make some decent combat scale maps -- which I have never done before!