Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The City of Memfis

I like the map! It looks like there are lots of cool places in Memfis to explore.

I noticed your scale reads 2 miles. That makes the river as wide as 4+ miles in some places. Also, some city blocks would be about half-mile squares. Just wanted to point that out to make sure you have chosen the right scale for what is intended. My first impression from looking at the city made me think it was only a couple miles wide itself.

(So there is a River Police on CG... would I be one of the Scale Police? )

Quote Originally Posted by Avulsion View Post
    Get enough supporters and you just might
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avulsion View Post
    I like the map! It looks like there are lots of cool places in Memfis to explore.

I noticed your scale reads 2 miles. That makes the river as wide as 4+ miles in some places. Also, some city blocks would be about half-mile squares. Just wanted to point that out to make sure you have chosen the right scale for what is intended. My first impression from looking at the city made me think it was only a couple miles wide itself.

Thanks!

The river is intentionally very wide; this is set about 400 years from now. The climate is altered, both naturally and from Mankind's Folly! and in places the river's so wide it's more like an inland sea.

For the city itself, not all streets are shown; we just don't have enough written on the city for that yet. The actual blocks would of course be much smaller. This is more in the nature of a first run-through just to show general layout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12