Thread: need help from the river police

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I think what he means is that the city is considered a crossroads for trade. the picture shows the river bends coming close to each other but not touching.

It looks like the question is more along the lines of wether it's possible for two separate rivers to come close enough without merging that a city could be built so it touched the banks of each one.

Sounds geologically unlikely, but I've seen some pretty strange things on google earth

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Post yeah, but

Is it possible if the rivers do not touch, as Coyotemax suggests its possible, but as Toff suggests, unless you constantly engineer otherwise, that geologic situation is temporary at best. A crossroads location wouldn't last more than a century.

Interesting idea, perhaps you could have the rivers further apart and nearly connected via a canal, but naturally rivers could not do this for very long.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations