Thread: Havenport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Here it is as it stands after some elevation work. Not sure if the slope and plateaus are evident enough yet.

Let me know.

Edit: Added the original map as there seemed to be some confusion as to what I am asking... Looking for comments on the slopes and plateaus in particular

Edit2: and posted a version without the original to better see the "grade". First time I saw it like this and already see some things wrong with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	havenport4.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	16468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Havenport BW.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	16493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	havenport4a.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	16494  
    Last edited by Korash; 09-02-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think it looks pretty awesome so far. If you'll forgive a crit by a noob, the only thing I would change is to make the plateaus/cliffs not so well-delineated along their slopes. I mean the little verical lines along the cliffs; maybe fuzz that up a bit, or else add in more detail to give it a more cliff-like appearance?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Thanks Diamond. All C&C welcome. Even from "noobs", `cause even the "noobs" here have shown some awesome talent, and you never know where they are coming from.

As for the Lines, buildings and other embelishments, they all belong to the original map that I have under the slope so I know where the various parts are. Down the road I will be trying to replace those cliff lines and stuff with something more in tune with what I am attempting to do.

The main thing I am trying atm is to give the slopes and plateaus a sense of elevation and hieght.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent