Thread: Advice on improving

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It's a nice map...here are a couple of suggestions (do with them as you will).

1. Apply a pattern overlay to your buildings (as an additional option to CoyoteMax's suggestion)
    2. Try putting a slight blur on the elevations of your hills, it will help to diminish the 'stepped' look the currently have (unless that's the look you want)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post

1. Try putting a slight blur on the elevations of your hills, it will help to diminish the 'stepped' look the currently have (unless that's the look you want)
    I actually need the elevation lines. This is a training map, so my students need to see the elevation breaks.

I will try your first suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post

1. Apply a pattern overlay to your buildings (as an additional option to CoyoteMax's suggestion)
    2. Try putting a slight blur on the elevations of your hills, it will help to diminish the 'stepped' look the currently have (unless that's the look you want)
    Probably sounds stupid but I have no idea how to apply a pattern overlay.

Believe it or not a lot of what I learned has been by accident, and trial and error.