Quote Originally Posted by Karro View Post
I'd say update to your heart's content.

And looks good, by the way.

If possible, I'd change the font labeling Lake Vaerran to the same one used for other physical features, to keep consistent. You've got a lot of fonts going in this map, and cutting one out and keeping consistent would help. In fact, I think I'd make Mine, Sites of Interest, Main Roads and other physical features all have the same font since you're using different fonts to represent different nations.
I concur. On both points.

Update as much and as in depth as you'd like. However, one thought might be to make separate maps for different topics so it isn't information overload on the reader.

For my current map, I'm aiming on keeping the info density rather low - as I'm planning on it being a wall poster sort of thing - and then creating a series of more modern, reference style "atlas" maps for keeping track of everything else that a worldbuilding writer needs to track.

"Okay, so this group is about seventy miles northwest of these mountains here.. that's what...? **opens 'Atlas - Geography'** Ah, the Tiny Dancer Marches. Nice. Hrmm. What sorta marches is that there? I forget? We talking buffalo roaming Oklahoma? African savannas? **opens 'Atlas - Biomes'** Oh, Mediterranean scrub land. Well, guess it's time for the half crazy olive farmer to show up in the plot line..."