Thread: Oten-Jo Antique

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I love the style of this map. Beautiful work!

The only improvement I possibly suggest is in the shadowing of the roofs and at the base of the buildings. On the roofs, it seems to me that the shade should be darkest on the back slopes facing directly away from the light source and lighter as they rotate towards the source. Also, it looks like there is a tiny shadow under each building but they seem to be orthagonal to the building base rather than pointing in the same direction - away from the light source. The effect is to make it difficult to tell from which direction the light is coming.

Looking forward to checking out more of your stuff.
    M

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

I'm not entirely sure it's really all that better with the ripples than without. Without you get a nice, clean look that seems a bit more realistic from the perspective of this being a handdrawn or inked map. Either way, though, it looks great.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Just thought I'd mention... as one of the others working on Kaidan... Consider yourself Rep-Whacked... apologies if my Rep-Fu is not very strong.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store