Thread: So-far Unnamed World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wip So-far Unnamed World

This is for a story I'm currently writing (which, if any of y'all are interested, can be read here).

I tried something new (for me, anyway) with the mountains, just used a drippy-type brush, with an emboss effect, and kept stippling on layers until it got some depth to it. I kind of like the way they turned out; they're not photorealistic of course, but you can tell they're mountains, and they're not boring old icons again.

I also tried to make the rivers pop a little by giving them a light emboss. I'm kind of meh about the way that turned out, so I'm open to suggestions.

Now I just need to find or make some good-looking city and town icons. I don't want to use the same old star-in-circle I've been using, I want something more representational of an actual city, but not ones that are so large they overwhelm everything else. Again, suggestions appreciated.

I thought for text, I'd use a deep yellow or gold for country names, black for city names, and white for natural features. That should go well with the terrain colors.

And of course, any other suggestions and/or criticisms are always appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GunslingerWorld2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	16530