Thread: Westcrown - After-the-Fact WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Next, I repainted the land and water (on new layers) in my own colors using the brush tool (the first image below, file 04).

In 05 (the scond image below), I changed the colors of the tags and arced some of them using the Create Warped Text tool that appears when working with the Horizontal Text Tool. I created a selection with the Lasso Tool marking the edges of the coastlines and river banks, saved it, and outlined these coastlines with Edit/Stroke. I blurred the stroke a tad so its edges didn't look overly sharp at turning points.

I drew each roads with by drawing a selection with the Lasso Tool. I then smoothed harsh turns by clicking on Select/Modify/Smooth. I then stroked each road onto its own layer (Edit/Stroke), and blurred them slightly.

I made some simple city and town markers using the Elliptical Marquee Tool, and drew a star on Egorian's marker. I created small arrows pointing to small but important landmarks using he Custom Shape Tool.

(Tip for making arrows quickly: Create a new, empty layer. Make sure your Paths window is open (select Paths in the Window drop-down menu.) Click on the Custom Shape Tool in the toolbox. A drop-down window appears up top. It contains a handful of nifty shapes, including a couple arrows. Click on one, then click and drag your stylus/mouse across your image. It draws that shape as a new Work Path. At the bottom left of the Paths window is a small half-white/half-black circle icon. Put your cursor over this icon and it reads, "Fill path with foreground color." Pick a color and click that circle. Voila! Now left click on the new path in the Paths window and delete the path. The arrow now sits on its own layer. You can resize and orient it like any other image with the Edit/Transform feature, Sweet and fast.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westcrown 04.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	821.6 KB 
ID:	16568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westcrown 05.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	904.6 KB 
ID:	16569