Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Aronbor... or Perdon

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good to me. Some of the labels have a nice kind of gray look and others are black...I'm assuming that's the thing you were talking about. Other than that lil thing it looks almost done to me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Unfortunately, while the Dorans were busy fighting in their east they failed to protect their western borders and the Romarans have conquered the entire country east of the river Hiemolin...
    Did you mean west of the Hiemolin? Because east of would seem to mean Doras was completely overrun.

A great looking map. If I didn't know you had created it, I would have thought it was an actual antique map. How did you get that paper look with the folds in it? I think I would like to add something like that myself.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Blog Entries

Gandwarf: No, it's not a volcano. It is the tallest mountain in the range and it is rumoured there is a cave near the summit where Harmoline waits the time when she is needed once again. Harmoline is one of the two powers (the other being a man named Quin) who were tasked with guarding the seven stones resulatant from the sundering of the World's Heart. She, like the stones, hasn't been seen in centuries and has fallen into the status of myth.

Ascension: Hehe. I wish it was nearly done but I still have a lot more to do on it yet.

Rdanhenry: Yes, thank you I mean exactly that. It shows that you are paying attention.

Davros01: I'll find out the tutorials I used for you later when I have a little more time on here.

Thanks for the comments guys. The feedback and encouragement on here plays a huge part in dragging me through the tough times when I don't want to see another tree or hill for as long as I live.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Gandwarf: No, it's not a volcano. It is the tallest mountain in the range and it is rumoured there is a cave near the summit where Harmoline waits the time when she is needed once again. Harmoline is one of the two powers (the other being a man named Quin) who were tasked with guarding the seven stones resulatant from the sundering of the World's Heart. She, like the stones, hasn't been seen in centuries and has fallen into the status of myth.

Ascension: Hehe. I wish it was nearly done but I still have a lot more to do on it yet.

Rdanhenry: Yes, thank you I mean exactly that. It shows that you are paying attention.

Davros01: I'll find out the tutorials I used for you later when I have a little more time on here.

Thanks for the comments guys. The feedback and encouragement on here plays a huge part in dragging me through the tough times when I don't want to see another tree or hill for as long as I live.
    great job.

where can I find the photoshop brushes you,ve used to make this map?

Let me know
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Thread necro!

Hey there people. Well since around Christmas I have hardly touched the computer and whenever I loaded up PS I just basically pressed a few buttons and then closed it again, unable to get motivated. In the last day or two though I can finally feel my mojo returning and the desire to make something cool and fundamentally pretty to look at is building inside. So tonight I started going through a few old things and reading some old threads and it led me to loading up PS and looking at the Aronbor map with a critical eye. There have always been a few things on the map that I just wasn't pleased with, fudged to get it out the door so I could get to working on something else. So as a "let-me-back-in-gently" project I've decided to hopefully fix a few things, tweak a few things and get it in a state I'm happier to call "done."

I feel like George Lucas.

So hopefully in the next day or two I'll have a new version of this to post: Aronbor - The Director's Cut.

As anyone who has ever seen a director's cut will know, it will be basically the same thing but with a few judicious cuts made and maybe a unicron added. So, don't expect massive changes. Some may not even notice any changes without looking closely. I don't know yet. Hopefully some will find it interesting though.

I don't intend to spend a lot of time on this, just a way to get me back in and up to speed. So like I say, the next day or two. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Wait... what? I thought I had necroed this from forever ago but it turns out someone necroed it a week or so ago. :S
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hey Ramah, glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing what you do! I've always loved this map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ya can't keep a good map down. Glad to see ya back big R. I know how you feel - I do the same thing a lot (twiddle some buttons but mostly indifferent). When I have my mojo I'll go for like 6 months straight but then I need 3 months of getting re-juiced.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think anyone that's creative has the same cycle. I know I do. And I'll be looking forward to some Ramah goodness!

Blog Entries

Ok, so it turns out that most people WILL be able to tell the difference between the old version and the new one. Hehe.

Now I am well aware that this new colour scheme won't be for everyone but I like it. I always liked the previous muted colour scheme but now it just looks a bit drab. This new version still keeps it pretty dark (and moody hopefully) but is much more saturated. I may adjust it slightly as I continue to work on the other bits I need to do but I doubt it will change much from what it is now.

So without further ado I present my current progress on Aronbor - Revisited...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronbor_Revisited_1.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	34085

So basically all I have done so far is redone the paper textures, overhauled the palette and added extra shading around the hills which, especially in the SE, were looking a little too unconnected.
    Many of the labels are no longer as visible as they need to be so I will go in and change that. Then I need to add back all the missing bits such as roads, the wall, some extra forests that are missing etc. I plan on redoing all the town symbols to introduce a little variation to what was there previously - one of the main reasons for the overhaul.
    I may miss off the marginalia this time, not sure how it will go with the darker colours. I'll experiment but my gut feeling is saying it won't look good.

And sorry if the thumbnail doesn't work properly - it's not displaying in the manager correctly.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast