Hey there,

A new WIP image and this time the focus is...

Mountains.

I was a little undecided how to update the mountains at this larger scale. The brushes I used originally don't hold up at this size and due to a reformat I performed a few months ago I've lost all those brushes anyway.
Originally the plan was to redraw some new brushes and just follow the basic outline of the mountain ranges and place all new mountains. However, whilst playing around with my new graphics tablet (yay) I found that I really liked the style of roughly tracing over the original mountains on a new layer (and moving and adding mountains where I was dissatisfied with the original) and then shading those mountains by hand in a very rough style to give it quite a hand-drawn feel.

And so the following image is what I have ended up with so far. I decided to post it before finishing them all to show a little before and after transition. All the mountains in the north are finished (although I daresay I will have several more passes over them before completely done with them) whilst the chain to the south I have left as outlines, with just a few shaded in various stages of completeness.

I have yet to add any effects or blurs or whatever to the mountains and the opacity will be lowered a little when I add them in properly to make them a lighter brown, but I left if turned up for now so you can see them clearer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronbor3.jpg 
Views:	1373 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	16789