Thread: Maps for Printing - Tips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post At least I know what I'm doing...

Lucky for me, I've been printing for so many years that once I open a client's map file, I know to up the brightness 12% and print and I can come very close to what is on the monitor. I almost never need to print more than one time per job. Sometimes when I get files that are consistently pastel in colors or otherwise very subdued, it is more difficult to get an exact print equivalent to what is seen on the computer screen.

I don't profile my monitor to my printer, I do it all by eye.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Lucky for me, I've been printing for so many years that once I open a client's map file, I know to up the brightness 12% and print and I can come very close to what is on the monitor. I almost never need to print more than one time per job. <snip>

I don't profile my monitor to my printer, I do it all by eye.
    The pro's advantage, and the reason that I do very little important printing myself. There's no substitute for experience in printing. And having a better printer than the $250 all-in-one that I got for free six years ago.

Thanks for that 12% pointer, by the way!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post Please note...

Please note that the 12% brightness factor pertains to my current specific printer, as my previous printer required only a 9% brightness increase. The brightness factor is entirely dependant on your specific printer. 12% may not work for you - you need to know your printer, as I do mine.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I see. Well, maybe someday I'll do some experiments. Probably not, though. I'd rather just send it to someone like you—way less frustrating.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name