Thread: WIP A Distant Galaxy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going for a more space opera-ish feeling, something along the lines of Mass Effect and Halo (not sure of Halo's genre). I've mostly been playing around with fantasy ideas and concept, so I'm new to SF. If I would focus on a Hard science fiction setting it will just turn out bad... really bad. Accuracy and mathematics are not my strong side

Preferably I want to focus on how it would be if humans, out of pure desperation and near extinction, invades another galaxy. What could possibly be the outcome and the consequences of the humans actions?
    I also want to focus, as in my previous post, on governments and oraganizations, aliens and their culture and similiar stuff like that Hopefully it will turn out good!

Blog Entries

If you are willing to spend a bit of money, GURPS Space is a quite impressive collection of material: Interstellar societies and technology, Placing worlds within a galaxy, designing worlds and star systems, and designing alien life. You don't need the rest of GURPS to use it.