Thread: Haibianr - WIP city map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't bother, my tuts are for a totally different style. I'll be sitting in your class learning from you
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip

@Ascension: Maybe I'll learn enough from doing this one to do a tutorial Probably take me a few more goes before I can "patent" any techniques though. The guy I wish would do a tut on this is Terry Maranda. I can't even begin to copy his style...which is why mine has been washed with layer styles.

Anyhoo...been working on buildings and some other stuff. OMG. I thought drawing it was tedious. I created a mask so I could paint the buildings without worry (took forever but it was worth it) and then started laying down color. I'm using pretty saturated colors for now so I can see the variation but I'll rinse them out later. I'm also using an exaggerated layer style with bevel and drop shadow. I'll back that off later too.

I attached the latest WIP along with the layer mask in black and white...just because I thought it looks kind of cool.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haibianr---small.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	17440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haibianr---bldg-mask.gif 
Views:	101 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	17441  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-06-2009 at 04:27 AM.