Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WordBuilder 1.1

I can't thank you enough, Alfar!!!!

I wish more people would use Drawplus - it's great value for the cost and has a very easy and intuitive interface.

Neither can I. That's... troubling.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

So, I finally got around to downloading a copy of this.

I'm having trouble learning the syntax, yet, but if I can get the hang of it, I can see how useful this program might be.

But, might I make a few small feature requests? (Well, I hope they're small...) You can copy the list to a clipboard, but you only get one item at a time doing it that way... you seem to have to manually select all in order to get all the items to copy them. Would it be possible to add a 'select all' command?

Better than that, if it would be possible to export the entire list, and details, into a comma-delimited format for easy transference into a spreadsheet program (Excel, Oo.org Calc, etc.) that would be super. When I get back to working on languages for my writing, I'll be storing most of that data in spreadsheets because it's easier for me to manipulate the data that way.

Thanks!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Yes, yes you may!

In fact, Ctrl+a selects the entire list of generated words, and if you haven't selected a word, the whole list will be copied as well.

Requests are always welcome, even if I've been quiet the last couple of months - I've been recuperating from a stress injury in my arm, rendering me unable to type for a month and a half.
    Last edited by Alfar; 01-04-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Alfar View Post
    Yes, yes you may!

In fact, Ctrl+a selects the entire list of generated words, and if you haven't selected a word, the whole list will be copied as well.

Requests are always welcome, even if I've been quiet the last couple of months - I've been recuperating from a stress injury in my arm, rendering me unable to type for a month and a half.
    Great, glad to know about ctrl-a.

I hope a comma-delimited export wouldn't be too much trouble, though? Though of course, there's no hurry. I just happened to have time to dl this today, but I won't be able to put it through the paces again for a while yet, since the new semester is starting soon.

Also, FYI, I cross-posted this to your wordbuilder forums, so ignore that, if necessary.

Anyway, hope your arm gets better! I'm recuperating from a cold today, myself (why I'm not at work today).
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

CSV export is implemented. I'm just adding a bow to the package (because right now it explodes if the file you're exporting to is locked), and I'll release v1.4.

Update: http://whee.dk/?p=138 - released!
    Last edited by Alfar; 01-04-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Hope you heal up Alfa

Marcr
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Just a heads up that I've released v1.6 of WordBuilder - I discovered a bug in the translate command, and got unicode support working with the syntax highlighting.

Download at http://whee.dk/wordbuilder/WordBuilder.msi as usual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast