Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Strange Fantasy Map Please

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Floeth mountains will indeed be white, no worries The swamps are in Dracatic, to provide habitat for ... shoot, was it black dragons that live in swamps? I forget which it was, been a long time since my D&D days.

I'm really looking forward to actually rendering some of this stuff, it just doesn't make any sense to not render all the forests at the same time, all the mountains at the same time, etc. etc.

Glad you like it so far, sorry it's taking a while! It's such a fun project I don't want to skimp on it.

I think it is black. I am not sure what you mean by rendering, but I am assuming it means making it look cool, so i am also excited. Also I had an idea for Sin. Sin is going to be a large amount of cities and towns, actually, almost a continuous amount of cities and towns, all almost interconnected (kind of like LA). So if you can come up with some cool and not too difficult or annoying way to make a city type palliate (I think thats what its called), you can use that.

Even though these cities are all large and interconnected, they are all controlled by different people (pretty much CEOs). So the cities could be different colors or different types of buildings or have thick walls around them, things like that. I am not sure how easy or hard that would be, or if it would even look cool, but its an idea.

That actually really helps; I was at a loss there. It'll stay blank on the terrain map then, and it'll be citified in the actual map. Thanks!!

And yes, by render I mean making everything actually look like what it is, rather than big ugly blobs of color

PS ... forgot a question. Do you have a number of the different cities? Even a ballpark ... 5? 10? 50? Thanks again!

The number of cities depends on the nation. If you give me a little bit, I can give you a list of cities and their names.

I am willing to take suggestions on any and all names. Also, I only gave the large cities. In a lot of the places there would be smaller towns or villages. I figured that sense you wanted number of towns that you would be putting them on the map. If you would like to deal with the smaller towns or villages then I can send you approximate numbers of those. If you don’t want to deal with them, then that is fine. Also, I am not sure if you were planning on labeling them or not, so I gave the labels that I had already planned out. If you are planning on labeling them and you do include smaller towns or villages, I can give some names for them too (if you want to label them).

Also, if you are putting labels then could you keep a copy of the map with the cities but without the labels. That way if a label gets in the way I can see what is going on. If you have any other questions, please ask. Also, willing to take any input from anyone about names or numbers.

Land of the Blue: 1 point of interest called the Blue Tower. It is in the center of the Nation.

Necrata: Not very many cities. There will be 3 large graveyards (large enough to be labeled) and 2 cities. I am unsure about the graveyard names right now. One of the cities will be called New Necrata, the other will be called Mortville.

Quarrith: Quarrith has 3 cities. One is set at its lowest point, it is called Plotseling. One is set at its highest point, it is called Lang Hoog. The last is at the point that is toughest to get to, it is called Taai.

Floeth: There are 2 cities here, Vorst and Koude. There is also a point of interest, I was thinking where the mountains meet, called Ijs Piek.

Sandlash: There are 3 cities here. Sable, Vent and Vol Staub.

Holocaust: There is one city here, Firestorm. There are two other points of interest, Smokestack and Magma Point.

Malevolot: This one has one city, Rencor.

Angela: This has 7 cities. Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Patience, Kindness and Humility (if you think these are too corny, then I can change then).

Acrama: This has 2 cities. I am not sure about the names right now. It also has 6 points of interest. 5 of these are mage towers, I will let you know what to call them. The last is called the Forest of Towers, it is a group of mage towers.

Exaltaria: This has many cities, I will let you know the number and names after a little bit (need to figure out the different religions).

Dracatic: This has one city, Okarthel.

Unearthed: This has 3 cities. One is on the largest chunk, it is called Felsen. The other two are unable to fit on one chunk, so they are on many chunks. They are called Spalte and Trummer.

Serpantia: There is one city here. It is called Slither. There are also 2 other points of interest, the Temple of the Black Viper and the Naga Pit.

Mystik: There are two points of interest here, the Mist Arena and the Phantom Stop.

Delusia: This has one city, but it has no name. It is called Vortex.

Wildlands: This has three cities. They are Haven, New Haven and Hope. I am assuming right now that for my game the mountains will be easier to travel than the forests. Haven should be around the area where the mountains start branching (where the tree branches would start). If you take the upper of the three forks you will come to another fork. New Haven should be in between these two paths in the forest (but not far from the mountains). If you go back to the first 3-way fork then Hope would be between the two bottom ones. Here the mountains almost connect in a full circle, so Hope would be in the center of this circle. Hopefully these are ok directions.

Everwar has 4 cities and 1 point of interest. One is called Warrior Arena. The cities are Standing Tall, The Fort, Bastion of Hope and Earthscar. Earthscar should be in the center of the Axehead (between the two mountain chains).

Kieto: There are 6 cities here. I am not sure about the names just yet. 3 should be located on the largest land mass, all on the coast. The 4th should be on that same land mass near the center. The other two are on random islands.

Isles of Discordia: these islands move, so it is hard to plot a city. There are 2, Golden Trees and Core of Discord.

Sin: As described before. Sin has 7 major business owners (and thus 7 cities kind of). I will let you know the names of these when I come up with them.

Rockland: This only has 1 major city it is called Big Home.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

For Sin why not do something similar to what you did for Angela (sort of like its antithesis), maybe the Seven Deadly Sins ("Lust", "Gluttony", "Greed", "Sloth", "Wrath", "Envy", and "Pride")
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oops! I meant how many cities in Sin lol, but that's all great information!

I think today I'm going to throw efficiency to the wolves and start putting in actual terrain where it goes, since I'm a little stuck on the terrain mapping.

And I'll certainly keep a copy free of labels.

I like Steel Generals Idea. So the 7 "cities" (again they are all kind of interconnected) will be Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. Pride should be the largest.

Will do

I think I've finished the rough terrain laying-out. Next I'll start detailing everything. Oh ... and the "dead" areas will be all of the dead things you mentioned ... swamps, dead forests, dead plains, etc. I just pretty much needed the base land color, and all of those fall under an easy "dead stuff".

Look really cool so far. I still love Holocaust. I just had 1 question, you have chasm as being black, but on the picture it looks like a lightish blue? Everything keeps looking cooler and cooler, I cant wait to see the next update.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast