Thread: Inn for VTT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok, I wanted to get really good at Sketchup, so I took your two-story plans and have started making a model of it. I haven't completed it yet, but here are a couple of stills to show the progess... a lot of mistakes were made and backed out because I'm just not used to how the program works yet. But I've learned quite a bit from this little excercise.

The first shot is from the front... only the 1st story showing, but you can at least see the spiral stairs... those took me a while to figure out, and they float magically because I'm too lazy to fully model them...

The second shot is from the back pointed towards the front door so you can see over the balcony. There's no roof yet. You'll note that I haven't added the second story door, since I made it smaller than the other doors.

If it matters, all the stone walls are 1' thick ( 6" on each side of the imaginary grid line ) The wooden walls are either 6" or 3" thick depending. I used a LOT of interpretation on a lot of these items. ( I really need to model the chandelier as well.... )

Oh and I haven't added all the interior doors or the "gates" ( I assume those are gates for the "courtyard"? )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoachingInn1.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	645.1 KB 
ID:	4451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoachingInn2.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	976.0 KB 
ID:	4452