Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
I gave you some rep for this. btw, I have played with Sketch-Up, but not really being an artist, I can't really get anything done worth nothing. How large are the files when you save them? I was wondering if anyone has started gathering fantasy (or sci-fi or modern) buildings/towns/locations into making a modular world view that could be used at the gaming table as a quick "walk through" I know I have seen some amazing screenshots someone posted over on EN World where a guy built a whole dungeon or dwarven type complex (with like a 500 foot stairway even.)

Joe
Someone did an "instant town" somewhere.

This inn that you see, with all it's detailed components ( I modelled everything, including the chairs, barstools, etc. ) is about 10 mb.

I have an itch to create a series of 5'x5' components for dungeon mapping. It is very simple to layout components in Sketchup, so it would be usable as a quick-n-dirty dungeon map for use in game. Similar to the physical dungeon tiles that WOTC puts out, but of course on screen, which is much cooler.

I have a nice setup in my living room where I have an HDTV over the fireplace, so I can display high res graphics that can be seen by everyone during gaming....