Thread: Not Just A Map.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Gidde, that's my problem, too, because my hubby and me do plan to publish eventually.

Post I use theCBG.org lots.

As RobA mentioned, of the Fantaseum sites linked from the fifth heading on the menu bar at the top of each page, which is linked to theCBG.org or (the Campaign Builder's Guild) which I used lots to bounce ideas of them. Much of the early development Kaidan, especially its cosmology which is at the core of the setting was developed in discussions on there, as well several other forums online. While current development is using the Paizo Pathfinder RPG, some early discussion went on the Iron Crown Enterprises boards when I had considered offering Kaidan as a HARP or Rolemaster system setting - and got nearly as much new ideas on that forum.

Here, I've only focused on the maps, while providing updates to how the project was going, here... Working on a Publication...

Much of the work was just me of course, not working with a forum or wiki, and some in collaboration with my publisher Dementia 5 Publishing...http://www.dementia5.com/community/index.php

That's all my resources for developing Kaidan, and it looks like it will be released for publication on Wednesday, next week.

So it really depends on your needs, who you are publishing with (or self-publishing) on who can really help.

I look forward to our Guild offering the hinted at Writer's boards and other associated upgrades to the site, that would be GREAT!

GP

PS: regarding the Iron Crown Enterprise games, I've talked with to author/developers of both HARP (High Adventure Role Playing) and RM (Rolemaster) with the possibility of offering Kaidan for those gaming systems too. So once I get the Alpha rules in semi-publication and a couple more adventure modules for Pathfinder, I will probably have them help me alter the rules to fit their systems for a cut in the profit sent to those guys for both different I.C.E. systems, so I didn't just take advantage of their assistance, without a paying back by offering the setting for thier systems. Of course the more game systems the setting works with the greater the potential of overall profit on the project as a whole.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-20-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations