There are tons of people here who are here mostly for the sole purpose of learning how to make a map for a story that they are writing...I'd guess at least a third of the membership. We CL's have been talking about all sorts of upgrades and changes to come in the coming months; everything from basic website colors to whole new areas and techy stuff that I can't explain. A writer's area is one of those things - it would be it's own section like dungeon maps, general discussion, or reference material.

On the other hand, you can always include as much information as you want to about your map and any stories that might accompany it...many people do. Look at Toff, for example...he pretty much has one thread going about a story that he is writing and he puts out a pdf every few months. Of course he's mapping the solar system so he has lots of maps, too. You can do something like that if you want...make your own world, do up some maps, and write a ton of stories for it.

If kinda bugs me that we get all of these people wanting to make maps for their stories...we get to see the maps but rarely get to read the stories. Whether the story ever gets written is another matter, I guess, but we'd all like to, at least, read the outline or basic premise as long as the author is open to feedback. Which is a whole other matter as well...some people just aren't open to the idea of others editing a world that they hold very close to their chest (it's their world and they don't want anyone tampering with it cuz it messes up their utopian escape). Nothing wrong with that but it's not good, per se, from a writing standpoint. Someone like me could use some editing because I tend toward a stream-of-consciousness writing style, like here