Bloody H--l I've been busy, and last night was the first time I had enough time to get any sort of work done on this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
There are what look like contour lines on the mountains. Are those contour lines? If they are, you have a problem at the lake: it falls across multiple contour lines, which is impossible unless the surface of the lake is magically sloped.
I tried getting rid of those stupid damn lines a couple of times before I posted the original map, but then I kinda gave up on it. Before, every time I'd emboss the layers, it would create those stupid lines. Now that I'm starting to learn my way around GIMP (I'm a video guy that uses Photoshop by day, so GIMP for art is new ground for me), I need to go back and play with it more, and I'll probably wind up having to figure a new way of making the mountains...

But, I'll take the lack of commentary on the rest of it as a good sign that I haven't made an atrocious puddle of filth!

Speaking of, I've added a few more detail bits, like the canal and bridges, and I've been playing with place labeling. AND!, and, I added that one road so that people in the province of Nesspressen can get to other places (lower left corner). Also, if anyone knows how to get the "Text along Path" function in GIMP to actually, um... how do I put this gingerly...? F---ing work?!?!?, I'll love you forever and give you rep.

Of course, feedback is always welcome! With that, I give you more map!! *with trumpet fanfare*