Thread: Sketch Practice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Depends on practice so the more ya do it the faster it gets...like mapping. If you've never done it before then it can take quite a while because there is a lot of erasing, undoing, and selecting and moving things around to get them proportioned right, angled right, or just making the line look good. I spent an hour just on the face and I'm still not that happy with it (I drew the eyes about 3 times and the lips about 15 times). Paths can help a lot for things like swords and shields for people, like me, who have a shaky hand.

To put it another way, paper and pencil for this same thing would take about 45 minutes when I was still in practice (sketch and ink). Those speed painter guys can even color it all up and be done in 30 minutes. I'll never get that good so I just want my PS time to be more like my pencil n paper time...2-3 hours start to finish.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

not bad for a 12 year hiatus!
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com