Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inside out starmap View, Need Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    IIRC there was some awful kids movie about a group of time travellers with a map, that started with a motley crew of dwarves etc falling out of some kids wardrobe. Would that be the one?
    Time Bandits does sound right.
    Selden

I like this idea of seperate hemispheres being linkable (even rotatable, like a tool, to match the seasonal constellations). I have a flattened (kind of scrolled) out hand drawing of the planet and If i could deform the constellations from there spherical mapping I would have them above and below, which would be interesting because you could roll it into a cylinder and poke a long needle through the star's constellation directly above you and have it show you your longitude and latitude on the other side. But to make a tool of it I think would be the ultimate goal and the astrolabe is inspiring me to design such an instrument. Thanks Icosahedron.

Due to no activity I am adding That this is a valueable project and Maybe the goal needs further diagraming. I have been using sketchup (now google Sketchup ) for this. I encourage others to follow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12