Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is "Rep" and how do I use it?

Blog Entries

snap snap snap heh heh

Congrats Rob. Stand aside Arcana, Robs steaming through with his +10 sacrificial dagger of mighty scripting

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    snap snap snap heh heh

Congrats Rob. Stand aside Arcana, Robs steaming through with his +10 sacrificial dagger of mighty scripting
    Also known as Chicken Bane!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

If I give out this so-called "gray rep," does it morph into "for-real rep" once I've hit the requirements?

EDIT: Not that I have gray rep. Just curious.
    Last edited by overlordchuck; 03-15-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Unfortunately no. The rep you give is what it is and doesn't change. However, but getting more rep your "repping strength" will grow and that should encourage you to make lots of awesome contributions so that you can turn around and really show others that you appreciate what they have done. In a sense, we all grow together.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RobA's rep power is truly earned, I fudged mine I guess I'm gonna have to fudge mine up to +15 huh?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Could you fudge mine a bit while you are at it? I so rarely get rep, it will take a couple more years to jump from my current +9 to +10. LOL
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't know if this has been covered before...but I was wondering if there was a way that we could distribute less than full rep? Those of us who have big bonkers have to be responsible in how we bonk people but I like to give out rep to reward the great stuff as well as encourage the younger/newer members to keep up the good work. Seems kinda overkill to give out full rep to someone who has a pretty good intro map while someone who works really hard and long on a great map gets the same amount. If it's not possible then I guess I'll just have to use more smileys and try to use really cheery words to encourage folks Just wondering.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

As someone that deals out 10 rep at a time I totally understand where you are coming from. I do not believe that you can do partial rep, but I like your smiley alternative. However, we still have to give out rep semi-regularly if we want to rep the same person for multiple things. In the end, I really don't think it will be that critical. We can only rep the same person intermittently and with others repping regularly the large hit you deliver is just a piece of the overall puzzle.

Personally I look at it as a way to encourage the things I specifically like to see. If you want a serious repping post up the stuff I am forever asking for or talking about and you'll get it. Additionally, make good solid logical and/or intelligent posts and you're likely to get repped as well.

Now then, all that out of the way, don't forget as a CL we can modify rep. Both up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Now then, all that out of the way, don't forget as a CL we can modify rep. Both up and down.
    Darn! Never found that function when I was CL for a day on the 1st of april.
    Otherwise I would have given myself 999999 rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    If you look at the top right corner of a post you'll see a set of scales.
    Either something has changed since this was written, something is currently bugged, or one of us is under the influence of something,...

I could swear that the scales are on the bottom left corner of this post,...

Or maybe RPMiller needs to stop using his computer while doing head stands?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast