Thread: New Fantasy World for Pathfinder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Lookin' good so far, I'm with NK on the rivers - they are a bit difficult to see.

Not a big fan of the text labels - but that's really more a preference thing than anything else.

As for names don't have any ideas at the moment.
    Hmmm....Definitely stay away from Mythgar. Of the others you listed I like Laramis (even if it does sound like a forgotten Musketeer), of those on the map itself I like Tarkarrdin and I also like Alfar's idea of Chennatrea.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Hey thanks all for the commentary. I guess the bottom line on the labels is that I put something in and haven't really spent any time thinking about them yet. The mountain text I've been messing with to try to find something that works, but I'm not happy with that yet.

As far as the name, I'm not really obliged to provide anything, though I probably will because I understand that it is ten times easier to improve someone else's ideas than it is to come up with something good of your own, and even if I suggest a name that doesn't appeal to him, it will probably get him thinking. Whatever it turns out to be, it will probably short, strong, someone elemental in feel (not earth/air/fire water elemental, but basic and primitive elemental). Names like Elos and Shar--names that evoke mental images of elder Gods and ancient lands, now extinct. Lots of things change in a campaign world from year to year, but the name of the world is eternal.

Blog Entries

Okay, worked on the fonts and styles a bit to see if I could find something better scaled and more pleasing, more functional. Opinions welcome!

### WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unnamed Continent.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	17091