Thread: Software app for bending text?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Uh, PS already has tools to do that so just use them. Click on the Type tool, it should be in the box with all of your other tools like eraser, pencil, etc. and it looks like a T. Now click on the document window and type your text and click the check mark at the top of the screen. Now if you look to the left of the check mark you will see a T with a curved line under it...those are the basic text warp tools.

The fancier way to make curved text is text on a path. Use the pen tool and make whatever path you like and as curvy as you like (even a circle). Now click on the type tool. When you click on the document window to start typing your text, click on the path and your text will follow the path.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post All vector apps do that...

As far as know all vector apps do text on a curve easily, which means Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, Xara Xtreme, Serif DrawPlus and probably Inkscape (though I don't use Inkscape, so I don't know if it can for sure, but probably though), the last one being free like GIMP. Every vector app I've ever owned, and I owned three of five of those listed above do that no problem.

The basic version of Xara Xtreme is only $49 (I use the Pro version though which is $249) does this and anything else you need very easily. Not that I'm especially recommending it over the others, but if you're familiar with any of my maps, all of them were created or otherwise composited in Xara Xtreme.

Go download Inkscape for Free and try it for text on a curve, it probably best fits your budget!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations