Thread: First Map - Hedros - P-WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip First Map - Hedros - P-WIP

So far, I was just testing the waters but I decided to dive in with a first map - well at least, a first map which has made it to a decent level safely without being shredded by me. Even so, I don't consider it a WIP - more like a pre-WIP.

This is something I started out as a impetus to continue with my writing - as usual, and it went on from there. While I love the 3D styles of the many maps here, I wanted a more drawn style for this map. Once I get the base details down, I think I'll try the gorgeous tutorials on 3D maps, but much later.

At the moment, there are too many rivers, because this started out as simply a reference map based on an FT map, based on which I was planning to make smaller maps - but I, um, got distracted. Also, I have the attention span of a gnat, which means at times I get caught up in mapping out the realism of the map's geography, then get hung up on mapping elements, names, etc, etc., which means many of the things are only halfway complete, or still in experimental stages.

Anyway, thanks to the Guild, because before I only used PS for opening photos, and now I have to admit I'm addicted. I process this site through osmosis so credit goes to every thread I ever went through. There probably won't be much regular updates, 'coz my day job kills me, but I would really appreciate your comments and criticisms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hedros.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	17099  
    Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
    Hobbes : What mood is that?
    Calvin : Last-minute panic.