Thread: *** Sep/Oct lite challenge - Wild ***

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can't jump into this Challenge. September's Challenge sapped my resources too the core! Now I have to get back to real work.

But I have a great idea!

I wrote a D&D horror adventure proposal long ago in which a coven of night hags take over the monolithic, abandoned, but still living body of the former God of Dreams, which has floated lost the Astral Plane for eons. The hags move into the body's head and manipulate the body's nascent divine power to tap into dream channels between the Plane of Dreams and the Material Plane, turning all humanity's dreams into nightmares and using the lost god's body's divine creation powers to make those nightmares real. While the hag's leaders manipulate the dream channels, other hags travel to the material plane, harvest the souls driven to evil acts by their increasingly nightmarish lives, return to the god's body and store the souls in the god's internal flesh. This corrupt infestation cause the divinely morphic body to distort itself into something out of a nightmare.

To stop the hags from dream-haunting the entire world, the heroes travel the Astral Plane, invade the colossal body (now twisted to resemble a distorted night hag) through its repertory or circulatory systems, survive journeying through the interior nightmarish landscape through swarms of vampiric blood vessels and intestinal walls that sprout eyes, hands, and leering, fanged mouths (think Fantastic Voyage meets Hellraiser, but more gruesome), and finally battle the coven to wrest the divine body from their clutches.

I still hope to sell that proposal to someone someday. I've got a couple target publishers in mind (so anything interesting I say is copyrighted, yada, yada, yada . . .) But just imagine! What a WILD map the interior of an abandoned but living god's horror distorted body would be! And nothing helps sell an adventure proposal better than when you can accompany it with jaw-dropping art!
    Last edited by Ashenvale; 09-28-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
    -George Bernard Shaw