Thread: Ascadia - A Fantasy World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice map. Looks like it will print well too.

S

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Yeah, that's purdy. I really like the varied tree styles and the way you made the border go behind the mountains (nice touch). I also dig the "coastline squiggles" (that's a technical term, I believe). The terrain in Brennador is super-cool. I want to set adventures there, or play in one.

I shall attempt to rep you for this evocative map! And I'll probably, some day, steal your really cool rift valley concept.
    M

I'm the author of the novel, and the creator of Ascadia, and I once again want to express how fantastic Rob has been to work with in making my world come to life. I'm genuinely astounded by how well it turned out, and by the patience he's shown in the process with him and I going back and forth in making the map.

It's better than I could ever have envisioned, and just hope that my novels and world can live up to their end of the partnership.

Tremendous work, my friend.

Blog Entries

Beautifully done Rob!