Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
I have a dedicated folder for fantasy stuff. I break it down into art, maps, ideas, patterns, tuts, photos, etc. I then break down into further subsections like art/people and art/3d or maps/mine and maps/others or photos/places and photos/people. This way I can keep all images in one place and find them easily.
Me too. I never liked alternate programs for image organization. I have

My Pictures (which is where unsorted pictures go) which breaks down into men, women, backgrounds, abstract, stock (which breaks down into men, women, group shots, backgrounds, textures, mine and a few folders of specific stock sets, like steampunk and whatnot), costumes, science fiction, fantasy, creatures and animals, anime and cartoons, sequencial art, several folders of fanart, tutorials, typeography, avatars, signatures and banners, maps, and one specifically for things related to my own work. My own art folder then breaks into several folders of references for characters, folders for art of locations, older artwork, my webcomics each have their own folder with subfolders for advertising and layered print sized files and web sized files and extra features... I haven't sorted my mapping stuff out from my character artwork, and other artwork, though, all my current 'art' just goes in one massive folder. Then I have a folder for my brushes and textures in Photoshop.

And it's still not sorted enough. Optimally there would be nothing in My Pictures and everything would be sorted neatly into its own folder.

So I manage images with Windows, and a lot of folders.

Fonts are a different story. I do have a font manager.