In dealing with wind patterns as a mapper or world creator, you first have to realize that the way meteorologists look at the world isn't helpful. Maps intended to convey information to a meteorologist need to be reinterpreted to be useful to a world creator.

As with ocean currents, air on a spherical rotating world tends to flow clockwise in the northern hemisphere and counter-clockwise in the southern hemisphere. Those patterns are disrupted as water evaporates and condenses. On a world scale, evaporation encourages evaporation and condensation encourages condensation. An area of evaporation brings air in along the surface then pushes it up and out high in the atmosphere (a high pressure zone). An area of condensation pulls air in from high in the atmosphere and pulls it down and then out along the world's surface (a low pressure zone).

Now, while the flow of air high in the atmosphere holds fairly constant, the effects near the surface are subject to effects from the ground, particularly mountain ranges. (Individual mountains don't have much affect on their own.) Mountains won't block the flow of the air, but they will distort and slow it.

To place global wind / weather patterns, you first need to be sure of your ocean currents and mountains ranges. Once you are sure of those aspects, create 4 maps, one for each equinox and solstice. Start with the map representing summer in the hemisphere you make your make your home, and place your major areas of evaporation. These areas will center the winds which match the natural deosil movement of the air in that hemisphere. Having placed your major evaporation zones you can place your major condensation zones. Winds around these zones will flow widdershins (counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere, clockwise in the southern hemisphere). Repeat for your other maps in seasonal order.

I hope this (and the previous) helped. It's a very complicated subject, but I hope I supplied enough information to get you started.