Thread: Nameless fantasy world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It looks very good gammetelier, have some reputation!
    Highlights for me are:

- The realistic looking mountains and terrain
    - The colors
    - The font

Some criticism:

- Your rivers seem to very large/wide. On this scale not all rivers should be shown or be this large/wide.
    - The rivers don't act naturally. Rivers normally don't split as water takes the way of least resistance. The same goes for outlets of lakes: multiple outlets are rare.

As this is your map and your world, feel free to do what you want with your rivers. I am just saying that in the real world these rivers would be unnatural.

So, are you going to add places of interest, like cities?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Only two things I have to add is: I can see that you're going for deltas so put those closer together and make the branches smaller/closer to the coast; and second while not technically wrong it does stretch logic for the river to cross the desert to skirt the mountains run through a gap and continue on...instead it should probably connect to that little wisp of a river near the coast. Otherwise, great colors and nice layout.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps