Elmwood would be a more likely name in English, but Elmswood is certainly possible and actually gives it a bit more character. New Elmswood is unlikely to be hyphenated, however.

Most of my criticisms would be explaining why I wouldn't let a program design my town, so I'll skip that. Good for you to remember to add a graveyard, though. The obelisk would intrigue me if I were planning a visit.

It isn't too dark if you want a dark look. Overall, I like it. Artistic, while still abstract enough that it is clearly a map and not trying to be an aerial photograph. You could maybe do a little something to give the city wall some texture, though. It rather looks like concrete or even plastic.

A few clearly defined public buildings would help. There are a couple of larger buildings, but they don't otherwise seem special. I would expect a church or temple of some kind, probably a town hall. With the farming in Elmswood, I'd also expect a couple of barns. A couple of other buildings could be differentiated as basic industry: a smithy, a cobbler's shop, or the like.