Thread: Barovia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    mearrin: btw, thanks for the comments, and I expect updates from you on the use of the map
    Ah, yes. It'll be a while before I have an opening to run it, though:

Fierce fighting in the recent border skirmishes between Hungary, Romania, and Slovakia has made it difficult for the World Health Organization to address what may be the latest outbreak of a mysterious hemorrhagic fever somewhere in the western mountains of Romania. A delirious man, suffering from the strange disease, recently stumbled into a UN peace-keeping camp muttering about someplace called "Barovia" and the "Devil Strahd". During treatment the delusional fellow, following a brief heart-stoppage, assaulted two UN medics who were treating him and was killed by guards, sustaining an incredible amount of damage before finally relenting in his attack. The UN has decided to dispatch a small force of guards and medics to look for Barovia and assess the situation - unfortunately, the only clues they have to go on are the assumed path of travel taken by the victim and an old map, provided by a helpful local.

I've been making some notes on toning down the D&D v3.5 adventure for use in D20 Modern. Strahd and company are truly killer in that module - I think they hoped to offset D&D's crazy PC power-curve with equally powerful foes. He'll be a little more down-to-Earth in my modern version (though still hella scary). He also might have gotten his hands on a Vanquish recently...but maybe not. The Vistani will definitely be packing heat, however.
    M
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-06-2009 at 04:01 PM.