Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grackslu WIP

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

I guess mostly I meant the "Random Peaks", which I interpreted as "Here's a random name for these mountains, just to be funny". I thought I had seen a few others, but probably just the name "Random Peaks" primed me to interpret other names like "Unpassable Mountains" in a more tongue-in-cheek fashion as well.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Guild Apprentice

Sorry for that impression, but they change their height so seems like random enough for me.. right?

Anyway got a really important question to all of you who use photoshop. And I mean Important, with capital I. In Ascension's tutorial, he uses light effect render to create mountains. I need to know if there is a way to get those sharp edges, rocky edges without any shadow. Imagine a mountain side which is directly under the sun, so the effect would be that what is higher is white, and what is lower is gray, without casting a shadow behind the mountains. Is it even doable? (yes, I know that in photoshop it wouldn't or shouldn't resemble real mountains, but I need that for an experiment). Please help a newbie...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you put enough lights (probably omni lights) on it then that would cancel out the shadows.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

Is there any chance that I'd be able to make that adjustments to those (Grackslu's) mountains? And many wide or many small omni lights?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you have the original clouds and difference clouds layers then you can.
    Last edited by Ascension; 11-07-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

Aaaand that means I'm screwed. Well, a pity. I'll try to figure it out, I'll give a sign if something changes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345