Thread: Not a Challenge Map...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Changed the map, I like this better

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Placed the central mountain range, though I'm not quite happy with the hills. So I might redo those, sea color isn't to my liking either, but we'll see as I move along. I really need to decide where the pass is located, whether I remove some mountains to place them, or just suggest "the pass is here" - I'm thinking the latter, on how to do that.
    Quoting myself, to save the explanation, I decided to change things up entirely for the map. The mountains I realized were just "fill" in the last map, I even forgot the pass. So, instead, I redid the mountains, placed my distinctive escarpment like hills, threw in a lake fed by rivers in the mountains. It looks like what it is, "I put some thought into the geography". I am redoing the coastline. I don't look forward to drawing the forest, but I'm thinking of doing it the hard way, drawing every tree, rather than just duplicating a bunch - we'll see how that goes.

I'm much happier about the mountains though, and the confusion of passes, making the map a necessary tool for slave traders.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slavers.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	540.0 KB 
ID:	17559  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations