Thread: October 2009 Entry - Siete Torres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blog Entries

Last update for the weekend. I put in fish town where all the fishermen and fish mongers live. The fish market is also there, outside the walls and down wind of the city proper. Down-bank are the docks where the fishing boats are kept.

Also down next to the river is the grain mill built on a large wharf. It's a serious mill with three wheels.

I am also concerned about finishing in time Ravells. If I could drop a building without researching it first and then trying to imitate it accurately, it would speed things up considerably, but before I can ask you to like it, I have to like it. I don't always find a good example to imitate, but when I do, I try to make it as real as possible.

### Latest Wip ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siete Torres.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	4.21 MB 
ID:	17611

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Your new houses and docks are green. If that's what you were going for then cool but since I know that you're r/g color blind you might want to fix that. Just look at the rgb in the color picker and swap the top two numbers (the third is blue).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Thanks for spotting that. Curiously, both were in the green range on the color picker. I may not be able to see green correctly, but I know where it is so it's odd that I did that. Then again, there are a thousand ways to mess something up in PS so I shouldn't be surprised.

Blog Entries

Added bridge town and the low market, plus the wagoner's shop. Added the Dancing Bear Inn. The low market has the majority of the food sales in Siete Torres and boasts two eateries. Nobody leaves the low market hungry, unless they're broke.

Bridge Town is known for it's artisans. Between traffic from Bridge Town and the low market, the Dancing Bear has achieved a reputation of eclectic hedonism in the shadow of the monastery walls that is at least partially earned. The Dancing Bear is the most popular of the inns in Siete Torres for those without cash to spare.

I hope I got all the green out of Fish Town and the docks Ascension. Thanks again!

### Latest Wip ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siete Torres.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	17642