Thread: A scorched world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it so far, way to make Ascensions tutorial work for you.

But if it's supposed to be arid, there seems to be an awful lot of water *shrugs*.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I like it so far, way to make Ascensions tutorial work for you.

But if it's supposed to be arid, there seems to be an awful lot of water *shrugs*.
    Argh, you posted while I was writing my post! You're right though. It's not ideal yet. The idea was to leave some isolated lakes and seas with extremely high salt concentrations (a bit like the RL Dead Sea and Lake Natron but even more so). I.e., it may be water but you wouldn't want to drink it! I admit that there are probably too many at the moment though, but now I've had a go, doing a new one should be quicker.

Hi again. Right, I've done a new version with a reduced number of large water bodies. Dunno if it's any better? The mountains seem to look better this time, anyway! I'm a bit worried that I've gone overboard with the rivers, though. The rivers closest to the poles are on the surface (blue) and the ones in the desert are sub-surface (brown.) I'd be very grateful for any thoughts or criticisms. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scorched_land_02.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	669.0 KB 
ID:	17637