Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrainmonkey's Map-A-Day thread

Map

here's levels 3 and 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keep1lev3.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	721  

Map

last but not least, the dungeons.... bwah ha haa!

Name:	keep1dung.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	722  

Map

and just for fun, an isometric view.

Name:	keep all pers.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	801.3 KB 
ID:	727  

Map

so i was watching my sister's scooter shop today, had some graph paper in the car and a few colored pens i had in my backpack and came up with this. what started as a doodle and some caves ended up being an elaborate smugglers den with rope bridges, statuary, and an altar to whatever god of thieves these guys worship. maybe i'll do the second level tonight.

don't know what's going on with me the past few days, i seem to be on a creative spurt...

as always, comments and criticism is welcome.

Name:	smuggler caves.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	730  
    Last edited by terrainmonkey; 08-31-2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spelling errors just had to be fixed.

Map

here's the city of Knight's Bridge, as promised a week ago.

a couple of things, i know the river to the north needs to be lengthened. i was going to crop at that point, but the town just ended up a little higher on the map than i thought it would. i'm also not sure that the blue marking out the districts is acceptable to me. i might go ahead and cahnge that as well. we'll see. this has ended up being a work in progress for longer than i would have thought. i must have started and stopped this drawing about half a dozen times before settling on this one. i'm not even sure i like this one to tell the truth.

Name:	knightsbridge.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	527.8 KB 
ID:	731  

Default Smuggler's Cave Comments...

The Undercity Smuggler's Caves was a very sharp and well done handdrawn map , consider it yoinked. If you should decide to do a second (or some other series if it suits you), that would be very nifty and appreciated. Keep up the great work.

i'm working on level 2 now, but it may take a few days to finish, as i have guests coming for the weekend and won't be able to get any mapping done. there should be enough for everyone here, for the time being anyway...

i'll repost something maybe monday or tuesday. have a great weekend folks

Quote Originally Posted by terrainmonkey View Post
    i'm also not sure that the blue marking out the districts is acceptable to me.
    When I saw the thumbnail, I thought this was a city with canals - just you showing my how to make one (and answering my thread posting the question)!

-Rob A>

Map

just because i finished something at work. here's level 2 of the smugglers caves, on parchment distorted, and off by itself. tell me which one you like.

Name:	smuggler cave lev2 dist.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smuggler cave lev2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	735  

and now that you mention it, i think i might do a canal city. hmmm... google earth and venice here i come.

bwah hah ha!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast