Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Terrainmonkey's Map-A-Day thread

wow! That's a lot of good information. thanks! i'm still working on other things, but i'm going to go back to that map and change a few things. i think it might turn into a different kind of establishment, maybe a brothel or something like that. i'm not sure. i may just throw the whole thing away and start fresh.

in the mean time, i'm going to post a few other maps today or tonight maybe. depends. i just got a part in "12 angry men" in our local theatre so i may be preoccupied in the future. i'll post as many maps as possible. i'm going to be working with gamer printshop soon and i'll keep everyone posted about that.

Map

okay, so i shelved the western town idea for a few days, maybe a week. i'll post regular updates about it but it is clear to me that i need to do more research into 19th century architecture, lifestyle and habits. just watching deadwood aint gonna cut it, cowboys.

so here is a part of my campaign world for a new setting i'm developing. The Vastos Region. people will notice KnightsBridge from an earlier map. i'm in the process of designing the town of Tendrils, and the Ore Town. maybe i'll put them up later on. it's the weekend, however, so don't expect me to put anything up for the next few days. i'll update when i can on monday or tuesday.

i'm also redoing a lot of my old maps and making high quality jpegs for Gamer Printshop and you'll be seeing me there in the next week or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vastos region.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	500.6 KB 
ID:	833  

Very nice! I really like the coloring of this map and its simplicity.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

thanks

i have always believed simple is best. sorry i haven't been on here lately, i've had a lot of stuff to do over the weekend, and work is killing me. i'm in the process of sending a bunch of my maps to Gamer Printshop, so i may not post anything here for a few days. i have a lot of catching up to do, and computer time is short. i have been working on some new ideas so keep an eye out.

also, if anyone would like some details on any of the maps i have posted, let me know.

Map

new map

this started out as a doodle and ended up being an idea for possible temple of a dragon god. i also put it do that the entire thing could be reproduced in 24x36 so it could be used as a battlemat. simply hide the areas you don't want the players to see, and voila! there you go.

anyway, there's more to come. keep your eyes posted to this thread, because over the next few days i'll have the Fortress of the Ghoul Lord and the levels beneath.... coming soon.

Name:	temple hand.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	377.0 KB 
ID:	927  

That dragon god temple is really nice, TM! Very rich and authentic feel. Love it.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Map

you've got to love doodles. this started out as a quick sketch idea after telling my players about a blue dragon in the Arid Desert to the south. i am planning on livening it up, so this is just a work in progress. maybe i'll show it off in the next day or so after i have had time to work on it. also, i'm still transfering my Fortress of the Ghoul Lord adventure maps to corel, so they should be up in the next few days.

Name:	blue cave.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	226.9 KB 
ID:	936  

Map

here's the beginning of the Fortress of the Ghoul Lord. This is a set of caves that can only be entered through a pit (the chamber in the center of the map). all of the elevations are based off of the base elevation of the pit, which is 60' deep. There is a fortress above the pit, with a large orc encampment serving as the protectors of the pit. it is a stockade wood fort, ruled by a large ogre barbarian warrior named Throg. the fort has several barracks, armories, smithys, and other shops that form a small village/town outpost for most of the humanoid population around the middle of the Ore Hills from the campaign map above. I'll draw out the stockade fort later on and maybe post it tomorrow or friday.

The two cavern passages that lead off the map go to a large chamber with an underground lake stream area that also houses more shops, huts, and tent merchants. there is even a half orc druid that tends a garden of lichen, mushrooms, and other underground fauna. This area is called Downtown by the residents of Throg's Pit. i'll have that up tomorrow or the next day as well. anyway, enjoy!

the scale on this map is left to individuals who want to change it. i was goingin with the 1 square equals 10 feet standard, and if you can't see the squares, it's 1 inch to 40'.

Name:	throgpitl1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	966  

Map

because i had to....

i've been looking through some stuff i found on the web and decided to try out an idea.

this is a tomb, crypt, cavern system with scatter fills. just throwing ideas around and when i get on an idea, i have to go to it. the second cave system is finished in the raw, i just have to scan it and color it up. that will post tomorrow probably.

oh, by the way... 1600+ views? wow, i'm touched...

Name:	crypt2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	1014  

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast