Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faldon

Very nice, indeed. Well done, mate.

I absolutely love the textures, especially where the mountains hit the desert - awesome.

Repped!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Thanks! I think the desert transition is actually my favourite part

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Mine too, pretty cool. Looks like that one pattern you use (which is so cool no one else wants to steal it) that has been used as a textured bevel or bump map. I'm gonna have to find my own cool-ass pattern Nice job, bro.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    I have to say I prefer the maps you make that aren't so obviously created from a tutorial, e.g. Pasis' but that is like saying I prefer cheesecake to cherry pie. I do but they are both damn tasty.
    I saw this comment and justed wanted to say I fully agree. It's a very fine map of course.

Is there going to be any labeling done for the client?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

On this particular map, no. The primary artist is good at most things, but the map was throwing him off We ended up deciding not to represent roads at this time either, or town locations.

that having been said, if further work is required, I will be available to assist with the project in the future as well For the sake of a consistent look and feel, of course.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Incidentally - if anyone has any C&C's, please do mention them! this may be posted as a finished map, but if there's something that can be improved, i would love to hear it.
    *prepares for the onslaught of thrown tomatoes...*

My finished maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Mine too, pretty cool. Looks like that one pattern you use (which is so cool no one else wants to steal it) that has been used as a textured bevel or bump map. I'm gonna have to find my own cool-ass pattern Nice job, bro.
    Actually, I ripped off one of Coyote's desert patterns for the desert regions of my own map (latest version not posted yet), but I kept the opacity on it real low to allow a couple of other colors and patterns I wanted in the desert to show through as well, and I didn't want it to be a clear and obvious rip off. The result, imo, looks pretty good for the most part. Not as good as anything Coyote's done (for example, in this map), but still pretty good.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Cool map, CM. I'll have to take the time to play around with the tutorials to produce this map style. The textures look absolutely great.

Sapiento: considering the quality of your other work, i am preparing to be amazed at your interpretation of it

Karro: Oooh!! i look forward to seeing this *waits impatiently*

My finished maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12