Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
Welcome, we prefer for people to have a go themselves but there is a section for map requests too. Usually these are for larger projects like books or posters etc and often have a commission but there are unpaid ones too.

Try out various tutorial threads and see how you get on. I find it amazing that people new to this try them out and get similar looking maps to the reference ones. You can usually tell what tutorial they have tried on a map. So they do work most of the time and theres lots of people on hand to get over any problems.
Thanks, everyone! (and thanks for moving this thread to where it belongs ;P)

The map I've created in paint and gimp (I've made about a hundred or so maps in paint) is for a serious and huge project that I've planned for almost three years now. I've begun writing the story and I hope to be able to be accepted to the University of Lund, study about being an author and then release the first book when i'm done there (the course I wanna go allows you to release the book you wrote via a publisher that cooperates with the school as I have learnt)