Thread: CWBP - Religions, Temples and "Social Constructs"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question CWBP - Religions, Temples and "Social Constructs"

Are there many people working on the following ideas?

Religions
    We have some brief outlines of gods (some with some very sketchy outlines), but religions have huge social impacts (and even the chaos within followers of religion can have huge social impacts e.g. The Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Inquisition, etc)

Temples
    Religions tend to build their temples in a similar fashion around the "realm of influence"... SG was recently doing a temple for the "Werewolf God"... are others thinking/trying these things?

Social Constructs
    Social Infrastructure such as the "Roman/Greek Forum" the Medieval "Common Green", Marketplaces, Japanese-City Fortress Styles, etc.
    Are people trying to set these up?

I'd be keen to get into fleshing out the different religions further, but don't know where the information might be, etc, etc, etc. Also, I didn't know if just "hacking away" on the Wiki would be met with favourable responses...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I don't think anyone is working on this stuff at present - feel free to expand on them if you'd like.

The deities listed were taken from the pantheon I created for my home brew - with a few additional ones added later as the CWBP began to expand.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks Steel.
    Hopefully the ideas that I add to it will end up being a benefit to those working on the CWBP mapping aspects (and maybe even your now abandoned temple)
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store