Thread: Enter the Lushou - WIP encounter map...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Not entirely happy with the way things are looking but it's getting there.

The ground is actually looking pretty decent...and will look better when it gets some proper shadows from the buildings and some misc details to make it look like something you can stand on.

Started working on roof details tonight. Not much I like there yet. The roof on the cathouse is strange. I made the texture but, no matter which way I turn it, it looks like it's the wrong direction. Some odd optical effect with the texture. I persp corrected and warped it myself so I'm pretty sure I know which direction is up in the original...it just doesn't look right in my map.

I had thought some color manip and scaling might make the two wood-shingled buildings look different enough. Apparently not. Guess I'm going to have to make distinct textures for all of the buildings. That's not so bad, though...I'll be prepared for bigger maps down the road.

Lots of looks, no comments...that's okay, not much to see so far. If you've got some snappy advice, though, please feel free to drop in. I'll keep posting them anyway...posting WIPs gives me a goal to keep moving forward. Thanks!
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2---preview.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	540.5 KB 
ID:	17939