Thread: My Second woeful attempt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll second what SG said, and add a couple of my own;

Roads - Just as was suggested for the rivers, I'd cut the road into the forest as well, rather than laying them over the top of the trees

Mountain/Forest Borders - If possible, I'd lay the forest over the mountains where they butt up against one another. With the mountains currently "on top" of the forest, they almost look as though they are floating above the trees. It's not so bad in the swamp and grassland areas, but even those might benefit from a bit of blurring and/or noise.

Now, with that out of the way. I think it looks good. The textures are clear and easily define the basic landforms in question. I particularly liked the way the swamps looked. RobA's tutorial is great and there are many parts of it that I incorporate into my own map making process even though I use different software. The same fundamental theories are still applicable.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Hardly lamentable - it's a great start. I really like the overall layout of the map. Looks like a good place to adventure.

I think most of the issues have been covered. On the the forests I think my biggest issue is how they have what looks like a transparent fade at the edges. An opaque but roughish edge might look better? Also, I'll second changing the black and gold font on the terrain features. I really like the kingdom fonts The city and town names are a bit tough to read. Don't know if it's the fonts or the largish white stroking on them.

Good luck.
    M